Sunday, August 10, 2014

Industrial Stools Makeover

I picked these stools up at a junk shop a long time ago.
I loved their shape with the backs and they swivel too.
But they were in saaaaad shape.
 (EWWWW!!!)
I had new seats made from thick old barn wood. I distressed them a bit to make them look older.
Now they're ready for staining. I went with Provincial from Minwax.
The final result! I decided to leave the metal in it's original state-minus the rust. You'll notice I removed the block under the seat. I believe they were installed by the previous owner to raise them to a bar height, without the blocks they are counter height.
 Everything got a few coats of wax for a smooth finish.
...Before and After...

 
















They'll be for sale in my space at The Spaulding Cooperage in Townsend with my big Fall Re-Fluff!
Hope you're enjoying your weekend! 
~Kris
PS-a sneak peek at another item that will make it to the Re-Fluff....do you know what it is?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear what you have to say!